Chegg is an online education platform, but it is not the only one available. If you want to weigh out your options before investing your time and money, then you should read this article to help determine if Chegg is for you or one of the multiple Top Sites Like Chegg: Chegg Competition is a better fit for your needs and wants.
Learning Online is the most attractive resource available at your fingertips.
There are multiple educational platforms available to help students improve their knowledge, brush up on skills, learn from the best of the best, meet like-minded people, and improve their resume, which leads you closer to your dream job and improved income.
Bottom line: Chegg has several alternatives to choose from. It is best to weigh out your options by reviewing other alternatives to Chegg, in case Chegg does not completely fit your requirements. Fortunately, the Internet has a wide assortment of options available for various needs.
It might be helpful to list out your needs and wants before investigating your options, so you stay focused and focus on the ones that are the best fit.
Getting an education is a win for you because it makes you smarter and can make you marketable for future job opportunities with possibly higher pay.
I compiled a list of 7 Top Sites Like Chegg: Chegg Competitors to help you weigh out the options available. I start with an overview of Chegg so you can see what they offer.
To start, here is a list of the benefits of Online Learning that I believe makes this option very attractive, other than going to a brick and mortar school.
To help you determine which Chegg Competition you should consider when choosing an online course, you first understand what Chegg offers, then what Chegg Competition offers to help you compare and decide which one you prefer.
Chegg has been around since 2002. It is an American Online educational platform in California. Students around the world pay for Chegg education. The platform helps students with their homework and provides them with a variety of other opportunities like internships and scholarships.
Chegg Services Include
- Grants, scholarship and Financial Aid Finder Service
- Job Listing Service
- New books
- Online Education
- SAT Prep Courses
- School Information
- 90% off Textbook Rental or our chase used books
- Math equation problem-solving
- 24/7 Tutoring
- Expert Q&A
- Used Books
- 24/7 Support
Chegg offers a variety of course topics with multiple sub-topics.
- Biology: Biochemistry, Evolutionary Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, nutrition, General Biology, Zoology
- Business: Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management
- Engineering: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Math: Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and Probability, Advanced Math, Other Math, Geometry, Trigonometry, Prue-algebra, Pru-calculus
- Science: Physics, Chemistry
Chegg includes price packages for study packs, e-books, textbook buys or rentals and tutoring services.
- 4-week free trial when you purchase a textbook
- Rent/buy textbooks include a 21-day refund on returns
- E-books @ $6.99/ month
- Monthly Fee: $14.95 US / $18.95 CAD
- Tutoring Fee: $20 /hour
- You can cancel anytime
- Chegg Study Pack subscription CAD $24.95/month
Chegg is Available on Your Mobile APP
Chegg Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: Brainly
Brainly was founded in 2009 and is an online educational resource platform in Poland and is available in 35 countries.
It is a community network for middle and high school students to learn education outside of the traditional school system in an engaging atmosphere. Brainly is more of an educational resource for homework help rather than a teaching program. However, math answers are given in a step-by-step format for simple explanations.
Related: Full Brainly vs Chegg comparison.
Brainly Services Included
- 7-day free trial with online help, ad-free
- Community help
- Expert textbook explanations
- step-by-step math solutions
- Ability to ask questions and get expert answers
- Search questions, and get expert answers
- Points incentive program- by helping others, completing challenges, and earning points to spend asking your own questions
- 3 payment packages
- For community, schools, and teachers, parents, and scholarships
- Accepts volunteers
- Free Online resources – textbook detective find a book to help you find solutions to your problems. Filled with exercises with step-by-step explanations.
- Parents and their Children can link their accounts and pair them to track and manage activities in one place via emails, messenger, and WhatsApp
- Parents can create a free account to help equip them with schoolwork tools to help stay ahead and help their kids and themselves learn together by finding answers and explanations to school questions. Parents can follow their child’s educational progress.
Brainly comprises a large assortment of subjects for students to study.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Computers and Technology
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Brainly is free to join and they offer a 7-day free trial.
Brainly has an APP to help you while on the go.
Brainly Pros and Cons
Chegg Competition: edX
edX is in Massachusetts and was created in 2012 with the combined efforts of Harvard and MIT. They offer a wide range of online university-level courses for free and credited courses come with a tuition fee.
edX Services Included
- weekly learning sequences of courses
- short tutorial videos
- online textbooks
- discussion forums
- certificates upon successful completion
- credit-eligible courses
- free and paid courses
- 160+ member universities
- self-paced courses
- Multi-language platform
- Lessening levels: introductory, intermediate, advanced
- 5 programs
- 3,613 courses
- 404 programs
- helping businesses build their workforce with learned skills taught by leading experts
edX offers a wide range of courses to help students improve their understanding of the subject at hand.
- Art & Culture
- Biology & Life Sciences
- Business & Management
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis & Statistics
- Economics & Finance
- Education & Teacher Training
- Energy & Earch Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Food & Nutrition
- Health & Safety
- Philosophy & Ethics
- Social Sciences
- Most courses are Free
- Self-paced with professional certificates
- $349 / year per learner
- Individual courses: From $50+
- Degrees & Master’s Degrees: From $10,000+
edX has a Mobile APP to help students learn on the go
edX Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: Course Hero
Course Hero was founded in 2006. It is an online learning platform to help students learn course-specific subjects so they can better understand the course material they learn in school. Course Hero helps students prepare for exams and has quizzes to help them remember the materials taught.
Students get access to free online textbooks, and can even upload their own textbooks and learning materials to help other students and gain free unlocks toward additional tutoring help.
Educators get an added benefit from Course Hero by being able to develop their teaching skills to help their students learn more effectively with the help of assignments, quizzes, case studies, and more. Course Hero includes a community for discussion and workshops too.
Course Hero Services Included
- 24/7 Homework Help with 15 minutes response time
- step-by-step answers from expert tutors
- Online Textbooks
- For Educators
- 5 free tutor questions
- Find your course when you search the school
- Free unlock program
Course Hero Online Textbooks
The following textbook subjects and topics are available Online on Course Hero with a subscription. They include exercises, explanations, and answers. You can review each textbook online but will not be given full access until you subscribe.
To review the choices in more depth, here is the link to the Course Hero Online Textbook page.
|Subject||# of Textbooks|
|Statistics & Probability||7|
Course Hero Lesson Subjects
- Accounting & Business
- Natural Science
- Computer & Engineering
- Foreign Language
- Social Science
- Engineering & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
Course Hero Free Unlock Program
You can earn free unlocks that get you more tutor time.
- 5 unlocks for every 10 study materials you upload and share with other students
- 1 unlock when 5 of your study materials get unlocked and a thumbs-up
- 1 free unlock when you rate 5 documents or 5 questions or review 5 documents
- 20% off 8 tutor questions when your friend joins
Course Hero Pricing
- Free Version and Sign-up
- Course Hero starts at $39.95/month
Course Hero has a Mobile APP for students to study anywhere
Course Hero Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: IDP Education
IDP is an Australian education system that started in 1969 as a brick and motor organization for international students. Their courses are available online and they have free admission help for onshore students, work, or visitor visa holders.
IDP Services Included
- Study at Top Institutions
- Personalized counseling
- Partnered with Institutes
- International English Language Test System (IELTS)
- Costs of Living Calculator
- Course finder
|Course Topic||# of courses available|
|Art & Design||432|
|Biological & Life Sciences||1,067|
|Building & Architecture||387|
|Computer Sciences and IT||1,276|
|Health & Medicine||2,707|
|Hospitality & Tourism||165|
|Human Welfare Studies & Services||33|
|Information Sciences & Librarianship||190|
|Language & Culture||2,529|
|Law & Legal Studies||374|
|Marketing Media & Communications||782|
|Performing Arts & Music||804|
|Political & Social Sciences||1,953|
|Teaching & Education||919|
- Counseling fees are free
- Course pricing varies per subject and institute. For example, accounting courses range from $10,325 to $68,436.
idp has a Mobile APP for students to study anywhere
idp Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: Khan Academy
Khan Academy was founded in 2008, and its headquarters are in California. It is an online non-profit educational organization that helps educate students that struggle to learn.
The platform provides practice exercises and material to help teachers teach and identify gaps in students’ understanding of the materials taught so they can tailor their lessons accordingly.
Khan Academy Services Include
- For students that struggle, to learn subjects in school
- Empower Teachers to support every student
- Personalized learning
- Practice at own pace
- Explains subjects to help with further understanding
- Grade level content
- Video content
- Interactive tools
- Courses broken down into subsections
- Learning material can be taught in Multi-languages
- Content created by experts
Khan Academy Subjects
- Arts & Humanities
- Reading & Language Arts
- Life SKills
- Test Prep: SAP, LSAT, Praxis Core
Khan Academy Pricing
- All learning materials are Free
Khan has a Mobile App for when students are on the go
Khan Academy Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: Quizlet
Like Khan Academy, Quizlet is also designed and created to empower students and teachers with tools and further lesson explanations to help improve the learning and teachings.
Quizlet was founded in 2005, and its headquarters are in California. It is an online platform for students and teachers to help further with education and learning comprehension with the help of digital flashcards, matching games, practice assessments, and quizzes.
Quizlet Services Included
- Expert Explanations
- AI Learning Assistant
- Study tools
- Step-by-step explanations
- 64 subjects
- Teacher tools include study sets, study modes, in-class games
- Online free textbooks broke down into sections and exercises
- Arts & Humanities
- Social Science
- Computer Skills
- Quizlet learning materials are Free
Quizlet has a Mobile App for students to learn anywhere
Quizlet Pros & Cons
Chegg Competition: Study.com
Study.com is an online educational platform that was founded in California in 2002. It provides a personal approach to learning by giving lessons to students from the middle school level to the college level. It also provides tools to teach to help them engage in learning in the classroom and online.
Study.com Services Include
- short 5-minute video lessons
- step-by-step homework help
- it hones in on students’ strengths and weaknesses and adjusts teaching lessons accordingly
- earn college credits
- teaching tools: videos, class activities, assessment tools
- test preps
- professional development
- study guides
- school material compiled by experts
- online math tutoring
- Chapters, Quizzes, and Answers
|Course Topic||# of courses available|
- Create your account. Try it risk-FREE. No obligation; cancel anytime.
- STUDY PREMIUM EDITION: Learning simplified with videos, study tools, and homework helps $59.99/month
- TEST PREP EDITION: Study more effectively and be confident on test day $59.99/ month
- COLLEGE ACCELERATOR EDITION: A flexible and affordable way to earn college credit $199.99/ month
- CLASSROOM TEACHER: Lesson planning and classroom engagement made easy $29.99/month
Study.com has a Mobile APP for students on the go
Study.com Pros & Cons
Answer: Online education is provided over the INTERNET of which comprises learned materials taught by instructors in multiple forms such as videos, textbooks, tutoring, practice exams, quizzes, detailed answers, exams, and marks.
Some Online educational courses are free and some are paid. Some Online educational providers include certificates and degrees upon successful completion.
Answer: There are multiple advantages of Online learning which include flexible hours, learn at your own pace, cost savings from traveling to a classroom, COVID avoidance as you learn in the safety of your own home, one-on-one tutoring support, learn on the go or during lunch breaks, get scores immediately.
Answer: When you have determined which Teaching Platform you are going to use, and you have signed up for it, then the work begins.
In order to make the most of it, schedule your day so that you can fit in study time. Many online courses are work-at-your-own-pace, but they still have time limits for when the course will end. Therefore, it will help to put the time in each day for your studies.
The best thing you can do is set up a study schedule and turn off social media distractions when you are studying. Removing distractions by finding a quiet place to learn where there is no TV and your phone is muted for that time period. If you have children, see if someone can watch them for the time that you need to study.
In a nutshell, Chegg includes: cost to sign-up for a course, multiple course topics, discounted textbooks, 24/7 tutors
Chegg’s Alternatives Include:
- Brainly – cost, large variety of subjects, links parents to student’s account, community interaction
- edX – free & cost, large course topics, offers degrees and masters
- Course Hero – cost, earn tutor help, online textbooks, 24/7 homework help, multiple course topics
- IDP Education- cost, large variety, and quantity of course topics, top institutes to learn from
- Khan Academy – free, multiple subjects, test preps, available in multiple languages
- Quizlet – free, variety of course subjects, multiple learning tools available, available in multiple languages
- Study.com – cost, variety of course subjects, multiple course teaching materials,
There are many types of online courses that are free, or there are online courses that cost money. It really depends on what you want or what you need from an educational source and how much you can afford.