Brainly vs Chegg are both online educational resource platforms to help students excel in their academics. Brainly services towards helping students with homework assignments and help provide accurate solutions to difficult questions. Chegg provides new and used textbooks and assists with solving homework questions.
Chegg is my favorite because it provides help for more subjects than Brainly does.
Main Differences Between Brainly vs Chegg
The main differences between Brainly vs Chegg are:
- Brainly helps students with their homework assignments, whereas Chegg provides educational resources and solutions
- Brainly offers online textbooks with exercises and solutions, whereas Chegg offers textbook rental, buy, and sell
- Brainly has a paid tutor program with one-on-one for math and science subjects, whereas Chegg has paid tutors to help students one-on-one with any subject
Brainly vs Chegg: Similarities
- Both are online educational resource platforms
- Both provide a 7-day free trial
- Both have Mobile APPs
Brainly was founded in 2009 and is a Polish company based in New York. It is an online educational platform for students, parents, and teachers to help bridge the gap with learning and teaching. It is a platform that helps students with their homework assignments and provides accurate explained solutions.
Students can post questions on any school subject, and experts will help answer their questions.
Brainly has several service options to help them learn. If a student doesn’t understand an assignment question, then they can ask for help and get an answer with a step-by-step explanation on how the question was solved.
Example of a Student Question and Brainly’s Answer
Brainly provides guidance and a Tutoring program that includes 24/7 unlimited tutoring sessions, one-on-one help with math and science (biology, chemistry, and physics), tutoring response within 60 seconds, tutoring responses are saved for future reference, and no AD interruptions
For Students: How Brainly Works
- Search questions or ask your own questions
- Get answers with step-by-step explanations
- Answer questions for points- help others and earn points
Pair your Account with your Kids and follow their progress, see their strengths, and what is challenging them with their homework
- Share your Link
- Accept the Invite
- All paired up
For Schools and Teachers
Includes an interactive learning environment for students to work at their own pace. Questions are answered through text, image, and voice. Joining is free for teachers.
Tutoring Pricing Package Options
- 7-day free trial
- Annual $8/month
- Semi-Annual $12/ month
- Monthly $29 / month
Brainly Textbook Solutions Includes
Free Textbooks created by experts with step-by-step answers
|# of Textbooks
Brainly has a Recruitment Process for those that desire to help students across the globe with every subject in several languages.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Computers and Technology
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Free for 7-Days and you can cancel anytime
Pricing Options include unlimited AD free content, plus help from the Brainly community, expert help with textbook answers to student textbook questions with detailed explanations, and step-by-step math solutions
Brainly includes a Brainly App to help students on-the-go.
Brainly: Pros & Cons
|Wide range of subjects
|No credential certificates
|Student and Parent Linked Accounts
|Only tutoring math and science subjects
|Expert answers are disappointing to students
According to Trustpilot Reviews, Brainly is given a 1.6 out of 5-star rating.
Trustpilot’s reviews are for a 12-month period.
Brainly typically replies to a negative review in 1 month or less.
Dissatisfied customers claim that it is a bad place to study, full of scammers and cheating people. Brainly responded and asked them to report any bad behavior to their moderators once it happens. Others claim customer service is bad, and they have been billed for more than what they got or they have been locked out for no reason.
9% of students adore Brainly as it helped them succeed in their education, and to pass tests that they struggled with. Other happy students find the Brainly community wonderful.
Chegg was founded in 2005 and is its headquarters are in California. It is an online education platform that provides digital and physical textbook rentals of which you can borrow at a heavily discounted price and resell once you are finished with your program.
Tutors are available for a fee and the platform provides assignment solutions to difficult homework problems. Students and teachers can lend their expertise too to help answer questions and solve other students’ homework problems.
Chegg Online learning Tools include:
- Expert Q&A
- Textbook Solutions to difficult questions
- Math Solver
- Plagiarism & Grannie Checker
- Expert Proofreading
- Tutor Help
- 24/7 Study Help
Chegg: Course Help
Chegg’s academic courses include the basic course subjects that the school system teaches. Therefore, it is focussed on all subjects that students learn and may need further help to understand.
- Biology: Biochemistry, Evolutionary Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Nutrition, General Biology, Zoology
- Business: Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management
- Engineering: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Math: Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and Probability, Advanced Math, Other Math, Geometry, Trigonometry, Prealgebra, Precalculus
- Science: Physics, Chemistry
Chegg: Study Tasks
Math Homework Help
- Get help with your toughest homework assignments with 24/7 expert help where students are provided with step-by-step solutions
- Snap a picture of your question and send it to an expert for help
- Search a library with millions of solutions to get answers to homework problems
- Get detailed information on the subject matters you are studying
- Chegg help with your tests with the help of over 500 million flashcards and practice exams
- Tracks your progress and identifies what you don’t understand
- Get step-by-step explanations
- Solutions are provided in digestible breakdowns and also include video explanations
- Study at your own pace
Understand a Topic
- Get help with tough subjects
- Learning tools help bridge the gap so that you understand the learning materials you are having a hard time comprehending
- Explanations are broken down into digestible pieces
- Videos explanations, illustrations, and definitions are tools used to help the learning curve
- Practice tests designed by experts
Writing & Citation
- Plagiarism scans: You can check plagiarism errors and grammar mistakes with writing suggestions
- Expert Proofreading: get feedback within 48 hrs
- Instant citation- get automatic citations for free
Prices start at $14.95 US/ month or $18.95 CAD/ month, cancel anytime
Chegg Study Pack Subscription: $24.95 CAD/ month
Study Packages Include
- Chegg Study- 55+ million expert Q&A and textbook solutions
- guided video explanations
- students can as up to 20 questions a month
- practice problems
- Chegg Math Solver- step-by-step explanations to equations
- input customer equations
- graphing calculator
Chegg Writing – citations in 7,000+ styles
- experts check your responses for plagiarism and grammar errors
- experts proofread your writing
Chegg Tutoring -Tutors for Math
When a student is struggling in math, they can turn to Chegg for help. Chegg can help with the toughest question or assignments with the help of a tutor. The tutoring program provides 24/7 help.
- eBooks can be downloaded from the Chegg site to an Android, iPhone, PC, iPad, or other device.
- eBook Rental Rate: $6.99 / month with a 14-day refund guarantee
- eBook reader APP provides easy navigation, searchers, and highlighting to help you study
Chegg: eBook Subjects
Chegg offers over 400,000 eBooks in a variety of subjects: Art, Business & Economics, History, Language Arts & Disciplines, Law, Literary Collections, Mathematics, Medical, Political Science, Psychology, Reference, Science, Social Science, Technology & Engineering
if you are waiting for your hard-copy textbook to arrive and don’t want to wait to start your studies, you can download the APP free for 7-days and start studying immediately…then cancel once your book arrives.
Chegg Internship: You can find the right internship and gain work experience to kick-start your career. Enter keywords, city, and state to start your search.
Blog posts are provided to give information, guidance to inspire and teach students the crafts of resume writing, cover letters, career advice, lessons learned, and more.
Bootcamp with Thinkful is something that they offer with a risk-free, no-obligation, and free intro course to students to help them financially. Pay your tuition when you get hired into a qualified position. It gives you live, personal mentorship from experts in the field you are studying, and 6-month of professional career coaching.
Note: Chegg offers no practice problem features
Chegg: Pros & Cons
|24/7 homework help
|Issues with Cancellation
|Rent, Buy, and Sell Textbook
|website’s user interface is not user-friendly
Chegg App https://www.chegg.com/mobile/
Chegg offers an extensive amount of Support Resources…
- 24/7 Course Help
- Homework help from the beginning of your course subject to finals
- Step-by-step explanations tailored to your subject
- Math support
- Exam preparations and practice with the help of flashcards or practice exams
- Topics are broken down into bite-size pieces to help avoid comprehension issues and videos
- Helps with your writing with plagiarism checks, proofreading by experts, plus instant citations
Bad reviews include unsatisfied answers, being billed after canceling the account, and technical problems.
62% of happy students find Chegg useful and helpful, solutions are helpful and accurate, and book returns were smooth and refunds were quick.
Answer: The answer is two-fold. No, there should not be a set time to complete as it should be work-at-your own pace. That is one advantage of online learning. You are not required to log in at a certain day or time unless there is a live lesson or a group project that you are working on with others.
There will probably be deadlines for when the course must be completed, so it is best to keep in mind when you sign-up for the course.
You will need to be disciplined and schedule your days and weeks so you can complete the course on time, but it is mostly up to you to dictate when you work and how much time you can fit in.
Answer: Brainly Tutor is available for students to chat live with an expert within minutes. When a student is stuck and needs further understanding on a subject, all they need to do is click on “Ask a Tutor” when needing answers. Students will be given step-by-step explanations. Get unstuck and find a deeper understanding.
Answer: Brainly tutors are experts in specific subjects who are either professionals that provide content to the site or freelancers. Brainly is growing and open to contributions from more experts in the community.
Answer: Brainly Tutor provides live responses to student questions with step-by-step explanations. If a student simply posts a question on Brainly, it will take time for another User to answer.
Answer: Yes! Go to Chegg.com/sell-textbooks to submit your request and follow instructions.
Answer: No… GoTextbooks will buy your books back at a reasonable price. They are separate from Chegg.
Answer: You can contact their help desk at: https://sellback.gotextbooks.com/ or email [email protected].
Both Brainly and Chegg have distinct differences. Brainly is more into one-on-one interaction with students by providing additional homework assignments, online textbooks with questions and answers, and a tutoring program for math and science subjects.
Chegg provides educational resources and online textbooks, hard-copy textbooks rentals, buy and sell once the course is done, and a tutoring program for any subject. Customer feedback for Brainly is poor, as where Chegg appears to be more favorable to their customers according to Trustpilot.
I lean more towards Chegg because it provides help for more subjects than Brainly. Chegg’s students can sell their textbooks after their course is complete, which helps with finances, which are usually tight for students. Chegg seems to go above and beyond with its service and content.
I feel you get more for what you pay for with Chegg than you do with Brainly. However, it really boils down to a personal preference like what you want out of a course, how much you can afford, how well the program responds to your needs.
The good thing is, you can try each out and have the option to cancel anytime, should you decide it is not for you.